Welcome to Colomviva!
Colombia is one of the most exciting countries for tourism and a well-kept secret. Only few foreigners know how beautiful the country is and those who have visited the country are positively surprised.
On this website you can find practical information and everything you need to spend some great time in Colombia
No matter if you are looking for attractions, hotels, restaurants, events or other information about Colombia you will find it on colomviva.com . If you know Colombia only from the News and Hollywood Movies you will be surprised how many positive things the country has.
The Attractions in Colombia reach from golden artifacts to untouched nature and some of the most beautiful beaches. Colombia is a country with some of the most interesting attractions in South America and even the whole world. Below are some of Colombia's Attrations you might not know yet:
Colombia's cities are as different as they could be: Bogotá is the capital of the country and has more than 10 million inhabitants, lots of restaurants and hotels, a fantastic nightlife and many museums. Bogotá is located high up in the Andes and has a relatively mild climate. On the other side you can find 'Leticia', a city in the middle of the Amazon, surrounded by tropical rainforest and many small tour operators who have a passion to show you South America's most beautiful nature of the Amazon.
In the north of Colombia you can find the Carribbean cities Cartagena, Santa Marta, and Barranquilla (The home city of Shakira). There you can experience the Carribbean Colombian culture, see some of the most beautiful Colonial Style buildings and relax on Colombia's most beatiful beaches. Some more interesting cities are located in the Coffee Zone such as Manizales, Pereira or Armenia...or maybe you are a salsa fan and want to visit the World Salsa capital 'Cali' or the city of the eternal spring 'Medellin'.
Below are some of Colombia's beautiful cities:
Colombia is magic... and the country's festifals as well! Not only can you experience one of the largest carnivals in the world, you can also get to know many different cultures of the country by visiting the festivals. The festivals have one thing in common: They are colorful, fun and full of Latin American music and dances.
Why visiting Colombia?
- Nature: Colombia is one of the richest countries in biodiversity in the world
- Birdwatching Paradise: Colombia is the country with the most bird species in the world
- Music: Cali, 'The Salsa Capital of the World' invites you to celebrate every night
- Culture: Colombia has 6 main Regions with entirely different cultures
- People: Colombia's hospitality and service is first class
- Diverse scenery: Colombia has tropical rain forests, beaches, wetlands, volcanoes and even mountains with snow
- Costs: Excellent Service for a small price
- Events: Lots of festivals, Concerts and of course the 'Carnaval de Barranquilla'
- Food: Colombia's food varies from region to region and great restaurants are always nearby
- Relaxation: Natural Termal pools, Carribbean Beaches, Tropical Fruits and Fresh Coffee will make you feel relaxed
Many visitors are inspired by the untouched nature Colombia has. With 40 National park plus many additional protected areas, Colombia is a paradise for ecotourism, birdwatching, hiking, nature photography and many other activities! Therefore you can now find information on all the National Parks in Colomviva.com. Find out which National Parks are open to ecotourists, what kind of landscape you'll find, and what animals and vegetation there is.
Below are some examples of National Parks in Colombia. If you want to see all Parks click on 'More National Parks'